– I’ve been crazy busy with a freelance project, made that much harder by the fact I didn’t have the internet set up at our new house yet. It’s been wayyyy too stressful; what I love about my day job is it’s down to ME, and I don’t rely on other people in order to get the work done. Hence the patchy posting schedule.
– Not having the net at home hasn’t exactly helped the budget, either. Between socialising more than usual (ie, at all), new home expenses (things like rubbish bins, knife set, teatowels and other stuff, not to mention paying two weeks’ bond) and the car starting to chew up gas (probably due to the tyres, which we replaced this week). Oh, and T and I had a rare day off together, which saw us splurging on (what else?) eating out.
– Also, my new work schedule means it’s imperative to be more organised, in terms of getting grocery shopping done and ensuring I have food to pack in my lunches. And we haven’t been doing too well so far…
– To rebalance things, this week’s extra income is going straight towards the overage:
Mystery shopping (Co. 1) – $32
Tutoring (proofing and editing a resume, and helping with answers to the questions on various graduate programme applications) – $40
– (Dork alert!) Oh, and Stuff now have a personal finance blogger (ex dating blogger Greer of Greer 2.0). Like a true nerd, I can’t wait to read more. Just how detailed it will get remains to be seen…I’m guessing it will include super basic stuff about debt payoff, Kiwisaver etc. And seeing as it’s her real name, probably no spending breakdowns.