As long as I can remember (at least back to puberty…) I’ve had dark undereye circles. You know, that sort of purple/grey half crescent under the eyes? They never go away. When I am especially tired, I do get full on bags, but that’s rare.
Anyway, apparently they may be due to…….my hayfever!
Who would’ve thought?
Among this extensive list of hayfever symptoms, I found:
- stuffy nose all the time or during specific seasons
- water discharge from the nose all the time
- reddened, pebbly lining in the lower eyelids
- frequent throat-clearing
- breathing through the mouth
- rabbit-like movements of the nose
- a horizontal crease across the nose as a result of constant rubbing
- bouts of sneezing, especially in the morning
- repeated nosebleeds
- headaches because of pressure from inside the nose
- frequent earaches, fullness in the ear, ear infections or hearing loss
- dizziness or nausea related to ear problems
- chronic cold without much fever
- nasal voice because of blocked nasal passages
- dark circles under the eyes as a result of pressure from blocked nasal passages on the small blood vessels. Also known as “allergic shiners”.
Huh. Pressure on the small blood vessels. Don’t sound too healthy…but when have I ever claimed to be? Remember, I don’t even exercise…