A snapshot of some of our super expensive grocery shopping this week (no generic options, except on the butter, and that was only a 10c difference):
- $4 for 200g hummus (can’t wait to get a food mixer and make my own, but not happening while we’re here with our claustrophobic, zero-storage space kitchen)
- $4.90 for 500g butter (on special)
- $5.20 for cracked pepper
- $10 for 500g mozzarella (on special)
- $3.20 for 600ml plain yoghurt (on special)
- $3 for 125g fresh blueberries
Also, this was the second week in a row that they were out of couscous and asparagus. Budget supermarket or not, that’s just not acceptable! Also also, how can canned veggies (even tomatoes) be closer to $2 than $1? Gah.