- Save 40 per cent of income. Including the extra $530 I made ($20 for essay editing, the rest from my freelance-gig-turned-new-fulltime-gig), I saved 46 per cent last month. Whether this goal can remain realistic with my new slightly reduced income remains to be seen.
- Keep eating out to $160 a month. Yes! $102 – possibly a new low. I can’t remember the last time T and I went out to eat together – any food purchases have been done separately. That’s what working all the time does to you. I have a feeling this will change – ie, go WAY up – now that we have the same days off.
- Donate to charity every month. Yes!
- Text one friend a week. Done, albeit mainly to organise meetups!
- Learn to confidently use full manual settings on my dSLR. I did shoot some photos this month actually, but haven’t reviewed them properly.
- Read 100 books. 5 books in May – the Master and Margarita in particular kept me going for quite a while.
- Continue running at least once a week. I missed one or two weeks (definitely not in the week where I had no days off), but at least I went out twice last week.
How did your goals go last month?