I have wayyyy too many things to talk about, so I’ll be getting my bullet point on today:
- I am so, so in love with food right now. T and I have recently established a bit of a weekend tradition, which involves Mediterranean-style lunches of breads, olive oil, dips and cheese. So delicious, I could cry with happiness. Is it wrong that food brings me so much pleasure? I don’t care – anything this amazing can’t be bad. If I could do nothing but read, cook, eat, run and write forever, I couldn’t ask for more.
- Yet, my appetite appears to be shrinking. I’m not quite sure why. It might be the fact that many days I’m just too busy to eat lunch until mid-afternoon, and that’s confusing my digestive system?
- And on that topic: how do you morning exercisers do it? I cannot run for a couple of hours after eating – it just does not work. I’ll admit, I have gone running first thing before breakfast in the past, but I can’t go very far before needing to head back. Running after work is more viable, especially since I’m not practically crawling home light-headed from hunger these days like I used to (see above point). In fact, I went for a solid half-hour jog last night at 6.30 without even starting to lose momentum.
- Week three is going well, grocery-wise: we’re right on target for budget, even with about $20 of non-food items (lightbulbs, sponge, tampons, cotton buds, etc). Add to that $10 for herbs and veggies, and $15 for a huge salami at the farmer’s market.
- I’ve been having these recurring dreams about high school. Dudes, I have been out of school for five years! Why is this happening? And specifically, they involve my one-time best friend. I can only attribute this to the fact that we saw each other again for the first time a few months ago. But again – why now, and not then?
- This week I realised just how long I’ve been blogging, and how long I’ve been following certain bloggers. When they mention an incident that happened a year or more ago and you specifically recall reading the post they wrote at the time…it’s a bit of a shock.
- And finally, speaking of blogging, WELCOME BACK RED!
Awww, thanks! 🙂
I’m an evening runner/weight trainer myself. But not because of any really good reason… I just don’t want to wake up early enough to work out, shower, and head to work. (That would mean 5:30 am wake up! No thanks!) I do all of my exercise right after work, but I’m a little nervous about my schedule as fall classes start back. I wonder if I’m going to get too run down going to work, to class, back to work, to the gym, and then home for chores/homework/dinner/bed. We’ll see.
Have you tried pita and hummus? It is my favorite lunch at home. Bicycling is my aerobic exercise of choice. I have been doing it for twenty years.
We LOVE making appie plates with breads, cheeses, dips, and veggies. We’ll usually do that on a Friday or Saturday night and crack open a bottle of wine to go with it 🙂
I am also an evening exerciser, but I’ve got a friend who likes to go running before eating breakfast, but after a drink of water. I wonder how/why he doesn’t get too hungry.