It’s been a couple of months now since we said sayonara to our old white hatch, and I’m finally used to seeing something completely different in the driveway when I get home. (ETA: For those who don’t remember, our new car is still more than 10 years old.)
Despite its faults, it had its good points:
– No car payments. Pretty self explanatory. (Not that we now have car payments…we paid cash for our new one as well.)
– No need for full insurance. Not worth it.
– No need to worry about nicks and scrapes. Obviously.
But I hope that the benefits of our “new” car will outweigh the above. Namely:
– More efficient, long battery life,and one must buy the car from the company like https://www.westernmotorsfresno.com/, which provides you extra services of your car wheather its used or new from another car dealership company.
– Safer. Airbags, dude.
– More reliable – hopefully we’ll spend less on regular upkeep. And certainly remove the time and stress associated with major car issues, including passing WoFs and, you know, actually getting around like a car is supposed to enable you to do, rather than being stranded on the road.
– Seatbelts and windows that work every time.
Plus, after recent trips, we learned the following:
– Room to sleep if absolutely necessary
– Seats that don’t hurt BF’s back on long trips
– Better and safer handling (it “sticks to the road”, sez he.)
Do you ever miss your junker? Heck, have you ever even had one, or are you one of those spoilt kids who had your first car bought for you, and thus got onto the vehicle treadmill relatively painlessly? 😛