1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries, $167. That’s nearly $40 over budget, thanks to: buying mouthwash and a lightbulb ($15 together – we have these ridiculous huge light fixtures!), shopping last thing on a Sunday night when the shelves were half bare (no chicken, no mince, etc) and buying lots of treats (expensive bread, filo pastry, doughnuts, ice cream, Toffee Pops).
2. Today I feel optimistic about my money. It’s been a wacky few weeks – T is working again, but with that came some new job expenses, plus extra gas and lunch food costs. And my paycheck this week will include an extra day of overtime.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was going to a movie premiere. Also, free burgers (thanks to the goody bags we got there from Paramount Pictures) and settling in with a DVD on Friday night.
4. I will consider this week a success if we manage to get organised and grocery shop on Saturday morning, and this PR guy comes back to me on time so a piece I’m working on comes together for deadline.
5. My favorite room in a house is ooooooh. Probably the kitchen.