This is part of a seven part meme! See below for the full list.
Hereby, 7 things that I lack and/or covet:
1. Better work hours. Yep.
2. A house of my own. Obviously.
3. An easy time of it. T and I are entirely self-made. We’ve been entirely on our own since 17. Without sounding self-pitying, and fully realising that we could have had it much worse, and also that I wouldn’t really want to have had helping hands from family, it’s sometimes hard not to envy, uh, everybody else that we know.
4. Close friends, SATC style. I know, I know, it’s not realistic. But still. Also, close family. I envy those with big, loud, happy extended families. My kids won’t have pots of cousins to play with or awesome uncles and aunties who dote on them.
5. Travel. I know we’ll get there, with diligent savings…but gosh.
6. Charisma/ease around people. I’m just not in my element in social situations. And completely out of my depth when a work dimension is part of the mix.
7. Better health. Better eyesight, better teeth, better skin, no allergies. I would also like to heal faster and get the flu less than, oh, four times a year? And how about throwing better coordination in there? I am the biggest klutz ever and perpetually bruised.
Day 1 – Pride. Seven great things about yourself.
Day 2 – Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.
Day 3 – Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.
Day 4 – Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.
Day 5 – Greed. Seven worldly material desires.
Day 6 – Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.
Day 7 – Lust. Seven love secrets.