And another month bites the dust.
- Save 40 per cent of income. Okay, I suck. Reviewing the numbers, it looks like I only saved about half of what I wanted to, because I bought our Foo Fighters tickets late in July (getting paid halfway through the month is annoying for looking back at this). I’m not sure how September will turn out; I anticipate FINALLY going to the dentist, and taking care of some long overdue drycleaning. But August as a calendar month, aside from vehicle expenses, was pleasantly frugal.
- Keep eating out to $160 a month. DONE! (Er, well, dining out on our Wellington trip was counted as travel expenses. I’m cool with that if you are)
- Donate to charity every month. Done! I sponsored someone who did something I could not hack – the poverty line challenge for a week.
- Text one friend a week. I think I actually achieved this with very little effort!
- Learn to confidently use full manual settings on my dSLR. Not a heck of a lot of progress on that, to be honest.
- Read 100 books (I’ve set up a challenge on Goodreads; I know at the pace I read I can easily make this if I keep up momentum. But if I don’t I won’t be too sad.) I’m falling behind, slowly but surely. I’ll probably be doing well to make 80 by year end. Check out my latest bite-sized reviews here and here.
- Continue running at least once a week. Win! And I’ve walked to and from work numerous times this month. Hurrah.
How did your goals go last month?