- Difficult people. Just…go away and die in a hole somewhere.
- Overworky workload.
- Car issues.
- Taste of New Zealand. As with most food events, it’s great if you want to get boozed. But I was disappointed by the dishes – the quantity, the freshness (some were far too cold), the prices. The best deal were the 2-crown Kapiti ice creams, which we stocked up to take home when we had to use up the rest of our currency and the Kapiti cheese stall next to it would only take cash. Ridic.
- The weather. Sun and I are getting better acquainted. ‘Nuff said.
- Conversations with friends.
- An impending move to a new house. More details on that later! Suffice it to say it all came together and there was a nervous five days (long weekend included) between the agent telling me I needed to let my landlord know we were moving out so that he could call to get a reference (I gave notice immediately after that call), and waiting for all the approvals to come through.
Good luck with the new abode! And I’d kill to switch season right now. It’s cold and miserable in Canada!
I hear ya on difficult people.
Friday was pretty awful for me. I never bring my personal life to work, but I had to juggle several private phone calls that were an emergency – involving hospitals, police and a close friend – while trying to do my job with a tough boss breathing down my neck.
Needless to say, I left work with a headache.